Memento


                      

My memento was created from my childhood memories of christmas, more specifically, decorating the tree with my dad. The red felt represents the red felt skirt that goes around the bottom of the tree and the green thread comes from the color of the tree. The memento is stuffed with bells to represent the same 4 christmas songs my dad used to play over and over again as we decorated the tree every year which is also why there are 4 ex's on the front. I wanted the memento itself to be able to make music when you picked it up because the everyone decorates their tree with their family but my memory is unique because of those christmas songs. 


Inspiration 

The main aspect of inspiration for this project were the 4 songs which are, Jingle Bell Rock, All I Want for Christmas is You, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree, and Silver Bells. My dad would turn on what he called his "decorating the tree playlist" which was really just these 4 songs on a loop. 

Image result for christmas tree skirt

This red felt tree skirt was my other inspiration. My family has had this exact skirt for as long as I can remember and I'm not sure if we will ever get a new one. Its another aspect of my christmas tree that is unique from everyone else. Most people don't even think about his aspect of the tree but for me it is  an important part of the tree and I would be confused if it wasn't there. 

Image result for christmas stockings with the name summer on it

My inspiration to stitch the memento came from the stockings that my family has always used. My grandma says she stitched our names into them herself but we always make fun of her because we know she bought them that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog